Leg and Lower Extremities:
Achilles Tendon Injuries
- Tendonitis- Insertional or Non-Insertional
- Rupture – partial or complete
ACL Tears & Reconstructions
- Knee Pain & Injuries
Hip & Knee Joint replacement
- Pre- & Post-Operative treatment available
- Exercises before procedure to restore mobility and strength needed for a speedy recovery. After the replacement surgery, physical therapy can help reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation.
Foot Pain & Injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Lapiplasty & Bunion Procedures
- Tearing of the ligaments (group of connective tissues)
- Stretching or tearing of the leg muscles. Intolerable pain and swelling are the common signs of a pulled or strain muscle.
- A fracture is a thin crack in the leg bone. In some rare cases, the tibia is completely broken.
- Typically, the patella (knee cap), dislocation is when a bone in your lower leg is being pulled out of its joints.
Physical therapy for leg pain, injuries, or surgeries typically consists of the following goals:
- Regain strength & improve range of motion
- Reduce pain, swelling, & inflammation
- Improve balance & decrease unsteadiness
- Improve overall movement, body mechanics, & flexibility