Jessica Hainsworth, PT, DPT, Cert. VRS
Physical Therapist – Kennebunk
Jessica earned both her Bachelor of Science in Exercise & Sports Studies and her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from D’Youville College in Buaffalo, NY. During her youth, she participated in her local U.S. Pony Club as well as 4-H, which is where she discovered her passion for Dressage. Since that time, she was named the 2010 FEI Children’s Dressage Champion and earned both bronze (2012) and silver (2014) medals from the United States Dressage Federation. Jessica also had the good fortune to study under world-renowned Equestrian Physiotherapist and developer of the Testt® Protocol, Andy Thomas.
Though Jessica has an obvious passion and talent for treating equestrian athletes, she has an equal passion for treating those with neurological and orthopedic injuries. She has worked in outpatient and inpatient settings, treating a variety of conditions including sports rehabilitation, pre- & post-surgical rehabilitation, general orthopedic injuries, geriatric conditions and fall prevention. Jessica has experience working in collaboration with the ALS New England chapter, treating individuals throughout the state of Maine with ALS and other neurological disorders. Jessica is a Certified Vestibular Rehabilitation Specialist, which means she has advanced education and training in treating vestibular related issues.
- 2021: TTest Seminar for Practitioners, Andy Thomas
- 2021: TTest Level 1 Certification, Andy Thomas
- 2021: Treatment Concepts for Persons with ALS, Kay Wing & Valerie Carter
- 2021: A Primer on Examination and Treatment Metrics, Eric Hedgedus
- 2020: Vestibular Rehabilitation Specialist, American Musculoskeletal Institute
- 2019: AQUIRE IASTM Certification Level 2 Certified IASTM Specialist
- 2019: AQUIRE IASTM Certification Level 1 Clinical Practitioner